Palazzo dei Congressi
Piazza Adua, 1 – 50100 Florence (Italy)
English is the official language. Simultaneous translations English/Italiano will be provided during main sessions.
REGISTRATION DESK HOURS
The Registration Desk will be opened as follows:
Thursday 27: 11.00 – 19.00
Friday 28: 07.30 – 19.00
Saturday 29: 07.30 – 19.00
Sunday 30: 08.00 – 13.00
EXHIBITION OPENING HOURS
The Exhibition will be opened as follows:
Thursday 27: 14.00 – 18.00
Friday 28: 08.00 – 18.00
Saturday 29: 08.00 – 18.00
CONGRESS NAME BADGE
Upon registration you will receive your name badge. You are kindly requested to wear your badge during all sessions and events.
CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE
Certificates of attendance are available from the registration desks.
INTERNET ACCESSS WiFi
Internet access WiFi is available for congress participants throughout the public areas.
Install the FLOREtina interactive mobile App to your smartphone and portable devices to access all the Congress information you could need during and after the Congress:
– See the overview of sessions, speakers and exhibitors
– Create your own program for the event, including bookmarking the sessions you wish to attend
– Vote during Live Surgery sessions
– Receive real-time updates Download the FLOREtina App now to enhance your congress experience!
Download available on iTunes and Google Play stores.
A cloakroom is available for participants in the Level -1 close to the Exhibition and the Auditorium.
SPEAKERS’ PREVIEW ROOM
If you are speaking at the meeting, plan time to visit the Speakers’ Preview Room to review your presentation. This space will have an audio-visual tech on site.
The Speakers’ Preview Room will be located on the Level -2 of the Palazzo Dei Congressi building, known as the PASSI PERDUTI.
This space is open during the following hours for speakers’ use:
Thursday 27: 11.00 – 18.30
Friday 28: 07.30 – 18.30
Saturday 29: 07.30 – 18.30
Sunday 30: 08.00 – 13.00
PowerPoint projection is available in all meeting rooms. For technical reason speakers are not allowed to make presentations with laptop in the meeting rooms, but must load their presentation in the Speakers Preview Room.
E.C.M. (Italian attendees only)
Per il Congresso FLOREtina 2017 non è previsto l’accreditamento residenziale. Per garantire la possibilità di acquisire i crediti formativi, sarà incluso nella quota d’iscrizione un programma di formazione a distanza (FAD) rivolto ai medici, infermieri, ortottisti ed assistenti di oftalmologia.
La piattaforma FAD sarà disponibile a partire dal 15 Giugno 2017 fino al 14 Giugno 2018.
Ai fini dell’ottenimento dei crediti ECM è necessario:
– Collegarsi al sito ed inserire i propri dati personali e il proprio indirizzo email usando l’apposito form di registrazione;
– Validare la propria utenza attraverso un apposito link ricevuto all’indirizzo email fornito;
– Completare il percorso formativo e compilare tutti i questionari.
L’attestazione dei crediti è subordinata al superamento del questionario di valutazione dell’apprendimento con una percentuale uguale o superiore al 75% di risposte esatte (numero massimo di 5 tentativi a scalare).
L’attestato ECM, qualora ne ricorrano le condizioni, sarà scaricabile dall’apposita sezione “crediti ECM” del sito. Si precisa che per coloro completeranno e supereranno il percorso formativo nel 2017, l’anno di riferimento per i crediti sarà il 2017; altrimenti i crediti avranno validità per l’anno 2018.
Please do not forget to turn your mobile phones to silent mode during sessions.
The FLOREtina Congress is a Non-Smoking event. Delegates are reminded that smoking in enclosed spaces is illegal in Italy.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
The Congress Secretariat and Organizers cannot accept liability for personal accidents or loss of or damage to private property of participants. Participants are advised to take out their own personal travel and health insurance for their trip.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
Please do not leave bags or suitcases unattended at any time, whether inside or outside the session halls. Hotels strongly recommend that you use their safety deposit boxes for your valuables.
Should you require first aid assistance, please contact the registration desk or any uniformed member of the meeting staff.
All major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) are accepted in most of the restaurants, shops etc.
The electric current supplied is 220 V.
Round, two-pin plug points are available, as elsewhere in Europe. In case you have any devices from the USA or UK, please remember to bring a transformer/adapter.
GMT + 1 hour
Most Florence banks open between 08:30 and 13:30 and 14:45 to 15:45 Monday to Friday. They are closed on weekends and public holidays and most of them have a cash dispenser and a currency exchange service.
– From the main train station: Firenze S. Maria Novella is a “main” station located right inside the city centre, in Piazza della Stazione, and a primary hub in Firenze’s public transport system. It hosts over 400 trains per day and is a major intersection point for many bus and taxi lines.
– From the airport: A bus connection (Linea-Volainbus) is operating from the airport to the city centre (Firenze S. Maria Novella station) every 20-25 minutes.
– Taxis: Taxis in Florence can be ordered by phone:
+39 055 4242
+39 055 4390
or found at the official taxi stands. You cannot stop a taxi on the road.
– Bus: Florence has a comprehensive network of local bus routes. Most of them stop at the main railway station and therefore near to the convention venue. Bus tickets can be purchased at most coffee bars and kiosks. Fare is €1,20 multiple trips, valid up to 60 minutes.
– Car parking: There are several paying parking areas around the Congress Centre.
USEFUL TELEPHONE NUMBERS IN FLORENCE
– Medical emergency: 118
– Fire emergency: 115
– Police: 113
– Florence airport – information: 055 3061300
– Florence airport – lost luggage: 055 3061302
– For international calls from Italy: 00 + country code + number
– For international calls to Italy: +39 + city code + number
– 24hour Pharmacies:
Santa Maria Novella Station
Molteni, Via Calzaiuoli, 7/R
All’Insegna del Moro, Piazza San Giovanni, 20/R